Friday, October 31, 2014

Managing your online job search activity

I was just about to tell you that I am a fan of Excel spreadsheet when it comes to tracking job search activity. But then I wondered: is anyone really a "fan" of Excel spreadsheets, at least anyone who isn't in a quant career? What I am really a fan of is organizing and tracking job search activity: making sure you aren't duplicating efforts (gee, this job description looks familiar...did I already apply for this?) and following up appropriately. Managing a job search, you become aware of how little control you have over things moving forward with any particular opportunity. The tracking helps you feel a little more like you are in the drivers' seat.

Here's a post from Glassdoor with some recommendations and tools to help you manage your process.

No comments:

Post a Comment